Tuesday 10 July 2012

Day 5 - the last in this block....

Have only just found time to write about day 5! The last day in this block until we meet again on Sunday the 15th of July.

Today we presented our own safe dance warm up sessions in front of the group. This was a fantastic way to try out the new teaching methods and strategies we had learnt in a welcoming, safe environment to the group we had been working with over the past 5 days. I presented with Bridgette and Genie and we taught some skills in Krumping! I had only learnt this particular style from Bridgette this week, so it was really fun learning new steps and styles to use in my own teaching.

We all had lunch together in the cafe and whilst talking we realised, on top of taking in a wealth of information about dance teaching, we had also made great friendships over the last 5 days. Such a diverse group, with varying styles and skills - we have learnt so much from each other and the week has been a wonderful experience.

Looking forward to seeing everyone on Sunday. I am presenting my own unit of work and teaching the group from my lesson plans...so I'll let you know how that goes!

Until then...happy dancing!!! Love the 'skill set crew'!!! (see last image!!) x





No comments:

Post a Comment